Over the course of one year, Mentors and Mentees will meet or talk at least once a month. Mentors will provide advice, support, accountability and help prepare Mentees for the challenges of a career in television. Additionally, Mentors will guide Mentees in developing and polishing one original pilot with a calendar of steps clearly outlined:
• Mentor will hear/read pitch concept(s) and give general advice on one idea
• Mentor will provide Mentee with pilot outline and script samples if needed
• Mentor will read pilot outline and give notes
• Mentor will read first draft and give notes
• Mentor will give final set of polish notes
Mentors are committed to making introductions and fostering connections with other writers, agents, managers and executives. The goal is to help Mentees build genuine, rewarding, professional relationships and collaborations that will continue beyond the program and ultimately lead to a career in television.